There’s Jeb Bush, Limberbutt McCubbins and Michael Castillejos. It’s not the beginning of a walks-into-a-bar joke, though it surely could be. They’re three of the more than 500 candidates who’ve filed FEC Form No. 2, which is the first official step to run for president. You likely know about Bush, McCubbins isn’t exactly eligible and Castillejos has some big plans.
Hosted by Eric Brandner and Davin Coburn, The Underscore is a podcast exploring and explaining the quirky side of American culture. On this week’s episode, we talk to three of the hundreds of candidates — an actor, a retiree and a libertarian/marijuana reformer — and ask them why they’re running. Which got us thinking…
- Josue LaRose? Sydney’s Voluptuous Buttocks? We profile seven long shot presidential candidates you should know (but probably don’t)
- So what’s one more candidate? Here’s our own Davin Coburn’s campaign website.
In this episode, we mention Thomas Keister’s run for the Clarksville, Indiana, Town Council. That run ended after we finalized the episode. You can read his press release here. Also, Keister has not actually filed an FEC Form 2 for 2016, though he intends to do so.
- Episode 1: Ruckus and how slang spreads
- Episode 2: An invisible girlfriend
- Episode 3: Marrying off your friends
- Episode 4: Sounds of the subway